Thursday, March 5, 2009

University Update

So, I thought I would give an update on what is happening right now with the whole University, starting the PhD program, school thing.  I was admitted to the Educational Psychology program to work with a professor who I think is wonderful.  I am so excited about the work that she is doing and am thrilled both that I will be able to learn from her and that she and I both feel that I have something to offer!  

Because there was a whole drama with me applying to Curriculum and Instruction, and the professor I really wanted to work with retiring, and the one that was my next choice retiring in a a few semesters, and them telling me that I would be a great candidate, but they just didn't have a spot until they hired. etc, etc.... I was admitted to the Ed Psyc department for summer. 

By the way I had no interest in starting school this summer.  I want to spend the summer visiting my family in montana, and doing some other travelling.  Not, here in madison taking one course just to be enrolled.  So I started asking questions, and found a way to postpone until fall by just paying a small ($50 some odd dollars) fee.  I am so excited.

So I will be enjoying the beautiful madison summer, and travelling with my boys, and starting my PhD program after labor day.  All is well in the world.

No comments: