Monday, March 23, 2009

Treehouse Ideas

We are looking at putting up a treehouse/playyard in our backyard.  We had originally planned to put them up separatley at opposite ends of the yard, but then our neighbors made it very clear to us that they are a bit uncomfortable with losing their privacy with kids playing in the backyard. After they put up the privacy screen fence, we figure it wasn't even worth asking them how they felt about us putting a treehouse up in the corner of our yard that is by their house....

So I came up with a new plan.  A combo treehouse/playyard.  We have these two trees that are spaced apart just wide enough to do it between them.  This is my basic sketch of what I am thinking.  I have already thought of one change I want to make.  Instead of having the bar that holds the swing be monkey bars, I think that I would like the monkey bars to be separate, maybe they can come out from Nicholas's house perpendicular to the swings.  That way it would be like you climb the rockwall to get up to the monkey bars, or you go across the monkey bars and then down the rockwall...

The other thing about the drawing that isn't quite right, is that I would not put the swings on the far side of the treehouses, that would put them too close to the fence, I would put them on the near side, or in the middle, whichever puts them a reasonable, and safe distance from the fence.

What do you think?  Are the features that I should add in?  Are there things that you think won't work?  Tell me, tell me...

No comments: